Welcome to your monthly LifterLMS News You Can Use, March edition: #002.
Read About Recent Technical Product Updates (We’ve been busy)!
- Automatically reorder access plans when a plan is deleted.
- Skip (don’t create) empty plans passed to the access plan save method as a result of deleted access plans.
Improved Access Plan Management:
- Added a set of methods for creating access plans programmatically.
- Updated the Access Plan metabox on courses and lessons with improved data validation.
- When using the block editor, the “Pricing Table” block will automatically update when access plan changes are saved to the database.
- Access plans are now created and updated via AJAX requests, resolves a 5.0 editor issue causing duplicated access plans to be created.
Student Management Improvements:
- Added the ability for instructors and admins to mark lessons complete and incomplete for students via the student course reporting table.
- Admin Panel Settings and Reporting Design Changes
- Replaced LifterLMS logos and icons on the admin panel with our new logo LifterLMS Logo and Icons.
- Revamped the design and layout of settings and reporting screens.
- Abstracted the checkout form submission functionality into a callable function not directly tied to $_POST data
- Removed display order field from payment gateway settings in favor of using the gateway table sortable list
- Removed code related to an incompatibility between Yoast SEO Premium and LifterLMS resulting from former access plan save methods.
- Reduced application logic in the course/complete-lesson-link.php template file by refactoring button display filters into functions.
- Added function for checking if request is a REST request
LifterLMS Blocks Version 1.3.7
- Fixed an issue preventing “Pricing Table” blocks from displaying on the admin panel when the current user was enrolled in the course or no payment gateways were enabled on the site.
- Product sale dates will now show on course & membership plan pricing tables.
- Fixed a bug preventing stories loaded via AJAX pagination from being edited or deleted.
Expand Your Knowledge with the Latest LifterLMS Webinars
The all new LifterLMS WooCommerce 2.0 makes LifterLMS and the most powerful WordPress ecommerce system even better together. In this webinar, Chris Badgett demonstrates the top new features and benefits of LifterLMS WooCommerce 2.0.
In this training Chris Badgett and Abdo Riani help you avoid failure and the classic mistakes as a course creator.
Watch LifterLMS co-founder Chris Badgett build an online course website completely from scratch in this great webinar for beginners.
Grab Your Favorite Drink and Check Out these Podcasts
Create a great learning management system in this episode of LMScast with Ali Mathis and Chris Badgett from the LifterLMS team. In this episode Ali and Chris dive into WooCommerce 2.0 and what it means for the LifterLMS platform.
Learn about security for WordPress websites with Kathy Zant from Wordfence security plugin in this episode of the LMScast. Kathy shares her story of entering the WordPress security space and several tips and tricks for online course creators to help protect their platforms.
Read the Latest Featured Updates on our Blog
Read this post to discover the essential steps to making your online yoga course happen while avoiding the classic mistakes. Namaste.
Learn about the new weekly live group call with a LifterLMS team member you get access to for the first 30 days from your purchase to ask questions, get recommendations and more.
Other News You Can Use
Look inside the mind of a course creator who sells over 30 million dollars in course sales per year.
The future of WordPress looks bright. WordPress’s market share has grown to about 33% of the top 10 million websites.Check out this blog post by Joost de Valk, marketing lead for WordPress to learn more.
Are you aware that there are many third party plugins made to add functionality to your existing LifterLMS site? Aspen Grove Studios developed a course scheduler plugin that allows you to offer a single course with multiple start and end dates and more. WooCommerce Subscriptions Schedule lets store owners define custom schedules for subscription renewals. If you sell a membership that has payments due at the beginning of a season schedule then this plugin will help you Custom Schedules
Celebrate Our Community’s Wins…
Do you have a “win” you’d like to share with the LifterLMS community? We want to celebrate you! Fill out our contact form with the subject ‘Community Win’ and you could be featured in our newsletter and/or social media.
“Launched my online courses Nov 1, 18. I had my 8 courses marked FREE until December 1 when I activated the PayPal access plan button. I broke $1000 in sales this morning on February 2. WOW!”
Here’s What We’d Like You To Do Next…
See you next month!